Although cats don’t need any grooming assistance from their owners, they sometimes need assistance to keep clean, especially at the back portion. The majority of the time they get messy and shed a lot. This may probably get you wondering the best way to assist your cats to stay clean if they can’t do it themselves. You might be wondering, ‘can you use baby wipes on cats’? But, have you also thought if they are safe for them or not?
If you are wondering, ‘can you use baby wipes on cats’? then let us inform you that using baby wipes on cats is not at all safe. They contain toxic chemicals like Aloe, Triclosan, and Propylene Glycol which are very poisonous for cats. Using baby wipes on cats can burn their skin and cause disastrous health issues.
While baby wipes seem the best alternative to you, they are the most hazardous if you ever think of using them on your cat. There are ingredients in these wipes that are obviously safe for human babies but not for felines. This is because cats tend to lick themselves after bathing which can be a risk as cats can ingest some of these chemicals, which could risk their health.
Table of Contents
WHAT INGREDIENTS IN BABY WIPES MAKE THEM UNSAFE FOR CATS?
If you are thinking, ‘can I use baby wipes on my cat’ or ‘are baby wipes safe for cats’?
Then the answer is a clear NO!
Baby wipes contain many chemicals that are harmful to cats when consumed.
The chemicals are:
- Triclosan, which is a poisonous chemical and should not be used for felines.
- The baby wipes also contain DMDM hydantoin and bronopol that can cause serious health hazards like death.
- It contains perfumes and fragrances that are harmful to your pet cat. It can damage the endocrine system if ingested. Essential oils and aloe present are also super toxic to cats.
- Many baby wipes also contain soaps and detergents that are harmful to felines. Soaps are dangerous for cats’ skin too.
WHAT WIPES ARE SAFE FOR CATS?
Below are some examples:
- Pogi’s Grooming Wipes: These wipes are hypoallergenic to cats and are very gentle. With a gentle rub, you can quickly remove all the dirt from your cat’s body.
- Earthbath All Natural Grooming Wipes: These wipes are hypoallergenic and keep away all the odor-causing dirt and particles.
- Glandex Pet Wipes Cleansing & Deodorizing Anal Gland: These wipes can be used anywhere on your cat. but, they are specifically made for your cat’s backside. The back portion is the most sensitive part of cats and it is specially designed for that.
Remember that these wipes are made with all-natural and organic ingredients which are chemical-free.
CAN I USE BABY WIPES ON MY CAT & DOES IT HURT?
The baby wipe won’t really hurt your cat. However, if there is any harmful substance present in the wipe, that can surely be unsafe for your cat. There can be harmful skin irritants in the wipe that can harm cats if they unintentionally try to consume it lick their body after using those baby wipes.
ALTERNATIVES TO CLEAN YOUR CAT
There are many other alternatives that you can use to clean your cat. You can use pet wipes that are specially made for felines. These wipes are natural and fragrance-free. You can also use baby shampoo for cats to clean them out. You can also use a damp washcloth to wipe away all the debris and dirt from your cat’s body.
Not using baby wipes on your cat would be a great option in case you want your cat to stay fit and healthy.