It’s quite natural and common that dogs shed their coats due to the changing of seasons. This process of shedding the coat allows the dog to stay cool during warm weather and warm during cold weather. Domesticated dogs spend most of the time indoors so they don’t shed frequently, but if your dog keeps on shedding throughout the year then it’s a serious matter.
This occurs because of the dog’s poor diet and low nutrition content in their body. This problem can be resolved if the diet of the dog gets changed it will reduce the shedding if provided correctly. There are some foods that are rich in Omega 3s, Omega 6s , antioxidants and amino acids which helps to reduce shedding. Food which contains grains, corns are difficult for the dog to digest so, there are some of the foods which is best dog food for shedding and you have many options to choose from:
- Purina Pro Plan for Shedding
- Crave Adult Dry Dog Food
- Diamond Naturals Skin and Coat Formula Dry Dog Food
- Healthy Coat
HOW TO CONTROL DOG SHEDDING?
Shedding is a natural habit in a non-hypoallergenic dog, so here are some steps on how to control dog shedding?
- Brushing your dog’s coat: Every dog has a different coat. So, it’s important to choose the right brush for their grooming
- Feeding your dog with a healthy diet: If your dog gets the required amount of nutrition then the outgrowth of their hair becomes more strong and this helps to minimize the extra shedding which is caused due time to the undernourished fur
- Keeping your dog hydrated: Make sure to provide your dog with fresh water. It helps to keep their skin hydrated. Dehydrated skin can cause hair loss and shedding of fur
- Giving proper bathe to your pooch: Bathing not only keeps your dog clean, it also helps to remove excess dead hair before it sheds. Using a de-shedding shampoo can help to ease shedding even more easily. It not only keeps your dog clean, but also helps remove excess and dead hair before it falls. Using a de-shedding shampoo can help ease shedding even more
BEST DOG FOOD FOR ITCHY SKIN
Imagine you are doing some work and suddenly you hear scratch scratch noise, the sound itself feels so annoying. So, think how your dog must be feeling and trying to get rid of the itchy skin.
One of the best ways to feed your dog is to change its diet. Let’s check out on some of the best dog food for itchy skin.
- Wellness Simple Limited Ingredient Diet Turkey and Potato
- Hill’s Prescription Diet Z/D
- Royal Canin Sensitivity Control
- Earthborn Venture Smoked Turkey and Butternut Squash
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diets Hydrolyzed Protein Adult HP
DOG SHEDDING REMEDIES
Usually all dogs shed and it’s completely normal. It can’t be stopped completely because the dog needs to shed his old hair so that new hair can take its place and for them it’s a natural cycle for hair growth.
There are some dog shedding remedies which minimizes the shedding of your dog’s hair. Let’s check out some of the ways:
- Add olive oil in your dog’s food
- Vacuum your house regularly
- Brush your dog’s coat regularly
- Give him a regular bath
There can be many reasons why your dog is suffering from itchy skin. Selection of the wrong food brand can make your dog scratch instantly. The problem can be cured easily by providing the dog food that deals with the itchy skin, but it can also require a visit to a veterinarian too.