Maxi Otic is an ear drop used to treat outer ear infections caused by bacteria which is also known as swimmer ears. The medication contains polymyxin, neomycin, which are antibiotics that help to stop the growth of bacteria. This medication only treats bacterial ear infection. It doesn’t work for other types of ear infections. If the medicine is overused it can cause a severe effect on the infection effectiveness.
WHAT IS MAXI OTIC FOR DOGS?
Maxi otic for dogs is used for treatment of otitis externa in dogs which has caused a number of susceptible strains of yeast and bacteria. It consists of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal activity.
USAGE OF MOMETAMAX FOR DOGS EAR INFECTIONS
Mometamax for dogs ear infections is a topical prescription. This medication is useful for treating canine ear infections in dogs caused by yeast and bacteria. Mometamax otic suspension is a once in a day treatment and which is easy to administer. Apply it directly into the infected ear canal to reduce inflammation in your dog’s ears.
It’s important to know that before starting mometamax for dogs ears, examine the external ear canal thoroughly. It is important to make yourself assured that the outer and middle ear is not ruptured in order to avoid the possibility of transmitting the infection, as well as from damaging the inner ear from prolonged contact.
Before infusing any medication into the ear, examine the external ear canal thoroughly to be certain that the outer and middle ear is not ruptured in order to avoid the possibility of transmitting any kind infection, as well as damaging the inner ear from prolonged contact. If the overgrowth of the infection starts then immediately discontinue the treatment. Prolonged use or over dosage of the medication may produce adverse side effects.
BENEFITS OF MOMETAMAX IN DOGS
- Mometamax is prescribed for dogs to treat or control infection in the ears caused by yeast or bacteria.
- The product can only be used in dogs
- Mometamax is not effective against infections which are caused by viruses or parasites such as worms or mites
- The identification of the cause of the ear infection should be undertaken by the veterinarian only
DOSAGE INFORMATION OF MOMETAMAX
- Mometamax should only be taken if it is prescribed by the veterinarian.
- The dosage of Mometamax ranges from 4 to 8 drops in the ear canal.
- If your dog weighs more than 30 pounds, then apply 8 drops of mometamax ear drops once in a day for at least a week.
- The duration of administration depends on response to the medication, and the presence of any adverse effects. Complete the dosage as prescribed by the veterinarian.
PRECAUTIONS AND SIDE EFFECTS OF MOMETAMAX
- Before starting the medication it is important that your pet should be examined by the veterinarian. The medicine should not be used in animals with damaged ear drums
- Signs of allergy to Mometamax may include skin reactions and redness in the treated area
- If you notice any kind of side effects such as hearing loss, head tilt or dizziness in your pet who is undergoing treatment of mometamax then stop the treatment and call your veterinarian immediately
- Do not use this medication in pregnant dogs
Before using the antibiotics in your dog’s ear it is necessary that the external ear of your dog is cleaned and dried thoroughly before starting the treatment. In case you need an alternative, you can also use claro otic solution.
Unwanted hair should be removed from the treatment area of the external ear. Shake the medicine well before using. For dogs who weigh less than 15kg, pour 4 drops of mometamax 15g for dogs Otic suspension once daily into the ear canal for a week. After application, message the base of the ear to allow the solution to penetrate to the lower part of the ear canal.
If any allergy is caused while using the medication, the treatment should be discontinued, not to be used in dogs with known perforation of eardrums. The medication is not to be used in cats.