Once the pigeons find your house, they will come on a regular basis and will also tell their other pigeon friends and soon you will have a giant folk of pigeons coming to eat every day. Pigeons are also known as “bully birds”.
They don’t get along with other birds who visit your place. One of the biggest problems is that they rarely come alone. They arrive with their folk and the group takes over the feeding station. Pigeons don’t allow other birds to come and feed, they become very aggressive when protecting their food.
To resolve this problem, here are some of the tips for pigeon proof bird feeder:
- Try giving the food which pigeons don’t eat
- Feed the pigeons separately instead of feeding them with other birds via a pigeon proof bird feeder
- Try to get rid of the place where they enjoy roosting and nesting
- Use a bird proof net for your garden
Table of Contents
DOVE PROOF BIRD FEEDERS
We usually see bully birds like doves, pigeons attacking folks, and scaring away all the other birds we want to have in the place. One of the most common problems which we see in backyard bird feeding is that the feeding is to limit the undesirable birds by attacking the right ones.
Some of the problematic birds like doves can deplete bird seeds quickly and take over the feeders. That is why it is important to discourage the doves from accessing the bird feeders. So, in this post, we will talk regarding the dove-proof bird feeders and other effective solutions to keep these bully birds stay away.
- Feed food that doves don’t eat regularly and also find difficulty in eating
- Use feeders that don’t allow large size birds like doves
- Use a cage for bird feeders
FACTS ABOUT ANTI SQUIRREL BIRD FEEDER
Squirrels are simple creatures to attract but are very difficult to exclude. It’s unlikely difficult to get rid of these creatures entirely but there are some suggestions that will definitely help to ensure that more of the seeds in your feeders goes to the birds. Here are some of the best anti squirrel bird feeder’s which you can easily get:
Here, the best squirrel-proof bird feeders on the market.
- Droll Yankees Yankee Flipper Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeder
- Perky-Pet Easy Feeder
- North States SuperFeeder
- Perky-Pet Squirrel-Be-Gone II Country House
WHAT IS A SPARROW PROOF BIRD FEEDER?
Sparrows are interesting bird in their own way and the feeder watchers welcome the count of the species that can monitor their population. Sparrows are an invasive species, and they also act in an aggressive manner towards smaller and more timid feeder birds. Sparrows can create a lot of problems for the native birds which includes taking over food sources, eggs and killing the adult birds and hatchlings.
So, here are some tips for sparrow proof bird feeders:
- Avoid feeding them with millet, cracked corn, and another ground feeding
- Construct a halo using a dome sparrow shield
- Try using a preformed seed shape
- Use nyjer-seed feeders to attract finches
WHICH BIRD FOOD SPARROWS DON’T LIKE?
There are many foods that native birds like to feed on but there are also many foods that are typically not liked by the sparrows like sunflower seeds, black oil, shelled peanuts. Try to avoid giving their favorite foods like corn, millets, milo, wheat.
Bird feeders provide an adequate amount of food and water to the birds. Bird feeders act as a natural food supplier, the birds can rely on and will be secured by getting a good amount of food to keep themselves well-fed and thriving. It also helps the birds with their development of health and growth.