Pugs are happy pets. They adapt themselves well in both country and city environments. They get along well with people of all age groups. Pugs can survive basically in a moderate type of climate i.e not too hot Or not too cold. They can grow anywhere but only if they are given proper care. Pugs are well known for their smartness, observant nature. They are quick learners and are known to be great family dogs and are very playful and friendly with children.
Pugs generally come in three different colors that are: black, silver or tan with black face. They have short snouts which make it difficult for them to breathe especially in hot areas. Pugs are short and have a glossy coat, because of this they require low maintenance, but they shed a lot. Pugs are happy and lovable and have a very sweet nature as compared to any other dog breeds.
WHAT ARE THE BEST DOG FOOD FOR PUGS?
So, here are some of the best dog food for pugs:
- Royal Canin Health Nutrition Dog Food For Pugs
- Eagle Pack Natural Dry Dog Food
- Holistic Select Natural Dry Dog Food
- Wellness Complete Health Natural Dry Dog Food For Pugs
WHAT FOOD ITEMS SHOULD NOT BE CONSUMED BY PUGS?
There are many varieties of food available at the pet store but still there are some food which should not be given to your pugs are:
- Grapes or Raisins
- Onion, Garlic and Chives
- Cooked Bones
- Raw Egg or Fish
- Fat Trimmings
- Yeast Dough
- Salty snacks or foods
BEST DOG FOOD BRANDS FOR SMALL DOGS
Small and adult dogs have different foods in comparison to the nutritional value. The foods designed for the small breed dogs contain nutrition which is best for the dogs whose weight is under 20 pounds.
We will answer the most frequently asked question, which is the best dog food brands for small dogs?
- Merrick Classic Small Breed Dog Food
- Nom Nom Turkey Fare Fresh Dog Food
- Instinct Original Small Breed Dog Food
- Halo Grain Free Small Breed Wet Dog Food
- Diamond Naturals Small Breed Chicken and Rice
Pug’s diet basically consists of dry dog food that is used for small breeds of dogs. Pug’s do not require any special kind of diet unless and until he is allergic to any particular kind of food. The best food for pugs includes lamb, chicken, or beef as these foods have a high and real source of protein in it.
WHAT ARE THE BEST FOOD BRANDS FOR SMALL BREED PUPPIES?
There is no nutrient standard prepared for feeding the small breed puppies. If you are looking for the Best food for small breed puppies then remember that the brand should meet AAFCO1 nutrient which is used for Growth and should have :
- No harmful chemical preservatives in it
- Should not contain cancer causing color agents
- Should contain an average amount of carbohydrates
Here are some of the names of the best food for small breed puppies:
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Small Breed Puppy
- Diamond Naturals Small Breed Puppy
- Wellness Complete Health Small Breed Puppy
- Nutro Wholesome Essentials Puppy Chicken Formula
- Iams Proactive Health Smart Puppy Small Breed
- Hill’s Science Diet Small Paws Puppy
- Merrick Lil Plates Grain Free Small Breed Recipe
It is assumed by many of the people that small breed dogs eat less than the large breed dogs, but the assumption is not at all correct, the answer is quite opposite. Small breeds of dogs require more calories in their diet than the larger breed of dogs, because they have a high metabolic rate.