Have you ever seen those little vases of bamboo stalks in the flower section of the market and wondered if those plants swamped in water could survive in the fish tank? Despite many myths, they are absolutely safe for fishes. Hence, you can place a lucky bamboo in aquarium.
WHAT IS LUCKY BAMBOO?
Table of Contents
Lucky bamboo is a favorite houseplant that is very easy to take care of and does not need to be set in soil. The best part is that it can easily survive in less water. The most sarcastic thing about lucky bamboo in aquarium is that it isn’t an aquatic plant. It’s not even natural bamboo.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRUE BAMBOO & LUCKY BAMBOO
You might be wondering how authentic bamboo differs from lucky bamboo. Well, authentic bamboo is a native of the grass family. These bamboos are rapid-growing.
If you want to place Lucky bamboo in fish tank then remember that it is a native of Africa and is a type of flowering lily. It generally grows in the wild and can survive in floods and dryer periods.
HOW TO GROW AQUARIUM BAMBOO PLANT?
The Aquarium bamboo plant is a great underwater plant for fish tanks and aquariums. It’s straightforward to take care of. Now let’s dive in deeper to know how to set-up this aquatic plant.
Type Of Water
Lucky bamboo is a freshwater plant and cannot grow in marine water aquariums. Ensure that the water does not contain chlorine as it can cause stress and may slow the plant’s growth.
Lucky bamboo isn’t that easy to grow. Hence, it needs moderate lighting. It requires a few hours of indirect and bright light every day to look presentable and beautiful. Don’t put LED lights as they can burn down the leaves, and they can eventually die.
Lucky bamboo isn’t a solid feeder. However, you can use an aquarium-safe fertilizer in the fish tank. You don’t have to add anything exotic to your tank for the lucky bamboo plant to grow. The fish waste is a great form of fertilizer for the plant.
FACTS ABOUT LUCKY BAMBOO PLANT
- People in all places believe that this plant brings in great luck. It enhances the flow of positivity throughout and you can definitely try keeping it in your office or home.
- The best direction where you can place the plant is East or South East. If you keep the plant in the South East direction, you can become prosperous and wealthy. And if you place it in the East, your health would highly improve.
- It is known to be a great home decor item that you can bring home.
BAMBOO PLANT BENEFITS
- It is a great gift for beginners.
- It can easily survive indoors with moderate lighting.
- It is well known for bringing good luck and prosperity.
- One can easily maintain this plant with minimal care and attention.
- The best part is that it can be grown without soil.
CARING TIPS FOR LUCKY BAMBOO IN AQUARIUM
Before getting a lucky bamboo online, learn some tips to care for the plant. The most crucial step is to change the water in the bamboo plant at least twice a week. This will give the plant the proper aeration that it needs. Try cutting yellow stems or leaves so that they do not catch the infection. If you try these steps, your plant will stay fresh and healthy.
The moment you start noticing the positive changes after the lucky bamboo plant’s arrival, you would believe more in its qualities. All you need is to keep it safe.